Eflite Turbo Timber SWS 2.0m BNF Basic with AS3X and SAFE Select
The Turbo Timber SWS (Sport Wood Series) 2.0m is the largest E-flite Timber model yet! It's based on the design of the foam Turbo Timber 1.5m models but features strong, stiff and lightweight built-up wood construction. The balsa and lite-ply airframe arrives factory-finished with genuine UltraCote film covering and is mostly factory assembled so you can have it flying in almost no time — without the use of glue or special tools. A two-piece wing makes it easier to store and transport, and it's equipped with functional flaps for shorter takeoffs and landings along with improved low-speed performance. Plus you have the option to utilize crow and/or full-span flaperons for even better STOL capabilities.
The BNF (Bind-N-Fly) Basic version is equipped with six factory-installed digital and metal-geared Spektrum A6380 servos, a 4S to 6S compatible Avian 5055-500Kv outrunner motor, and a 100-amp Smart ESC that can provide a variety of power system related telemetry data with Smart and non-Smart batteries via compatible Spektrum AirWare™ equipped transmitters. It's also equipped with an AR8360T receiver that provides full-range, real-time telemetry data including overall battery voltage, current draw, ESC temp, and more — plus motor reversing for special ground handling and other capabilities — along with the benefits of AS3X® and optional-use SAFE Select technologies. Or, the ARF (Almost-Ready-To-Fly) version is ready for installation of the electronics and power system you prefer!
Both versions feature simple and durable aluminum landing gear with oversized tundra-style wheels and are also ready to accept the optional Carbon-Z Float and Mounting Sets (both sold separately). They also feature factory-installed LED navigation and landing lights along with transparent windows for added scale-like looks, and a convenient top hatch for fast and easy battery changes. And it all combines to make this a great first-ever “wood”, everyday sport flying and aerobatic capable, plus large-scale Timber model for intermediate to experienced pilots!
- Based on the design of the extremely popular Turbo Timber 1.5m models but in a larger size with even sportier performance and capabilities
- A great first-ever “wood”, everyday sport flying and aerobatic capable plus large-scale model for intermediate to experienced pilots
- Strong and stiff – yet lightweight and long-lasting – built-up wood airframe finished with genuine UltraCote film covering
- Spektrum Avian 5055-500Kv brushless motor compatible with 4S to 6S batteries without the need for modifications
- Popular and common 3200–7000mAh batteries deliver a wide range of performance and flight times
- 100-amp Spektrum Avian Smart ESC provides real-time battery voltage, current and other data via compatible receivers and transmitters
- Optional-use motor reversing for special ground handling and other capabilities including shortened rollouts after landing
- Spektrum AR8360T receiver with full-range telemetry and industry-leading DSMX technology
- Easier to fly with innovative and optional-use SAFE Select flight envelope protection
- The unmatched stability and locked-in feel of exclusive AS3X technology
- Six durable, factory-installed metal-geared and digital Spektrum A6380 servos
- Functional flaps plus the option to utilize crow and/or full-span flaperons for improved STOL capabilities
- Transparent windows and factory-installed LED landing/navigation lights for added scale-like looks
- Simple and durable aluminum landing gear with oversized tundra-style wheels/tires
- Designed to accept the optional Carbon-Z® Float and Wire Mounting Sets (both sold separately)
- Fast and easy bolt-together assembly – no glue or special tools required
- Two-piece wing for more convenient storage and transport
Skill Level 2 – Some Experience Required
Skill Level 2 aircraft, like this one, are suitable for RC pilots who already have some experience and the skills to assemble, set up and fly similar class models. And although this BNF Basic version is equipped with optional-use SAFE Select, it's not a suitable first-ever RC aircraft for new pilots, or "next step after a trainer" model for low-time RC pilots. You should have the experience and skills necessary to successfully fly STOL-capable and/or larger models like the E-flite Turbo Timber Evolution 1.5m, Carbon-Z Cessna 150T 2.1m, Carbon-Z Cub SS 2.1m, or other similar class models before attempting to fly the Turbo Timber SWS 2.0m.
The Turbo Timber SWS 2.0m is equipped with an exclusive Spektrum Avian Smart ESC that can provide a variety of real-time power system-related telemetry data, including motor RPM, current draw, battery voltage, and more – with Smart and non-Smart batteries – via compatible receivers (including the factory-installed AR8360T) and Spektrum AirWare equipped transmitters (including the DX6e and 8e, DX6 G2/3 and 8 G2, the DX9, NX6 to 20, iX12 to 20, and others) while you fly.
The factory-installed Spektrum Avian brushless outrunner motor is 4S to 6S compatible to offer a wide range of “mild to wild” performance – from sport flying and basic aerobatics with 4S batteries to hovering and unlimited vertical performance with 6S batteries! Plus, the convenient top-mounted and magnetically secured hatch cover makes it easy to install and remove common and popular 3200–7000mAh batteries.
The balsa and lite-ply airframe is lightweight yet stiff and strong to offer a flying experience you can't get with molded foam models! Best of all it arrives mostly factory-assembled and finished in genuine UltraCote film covering. Plus, the BNF Basic version also includes durable, factory-installed metal-geared and digital Spektrum A6380 servos. And in the unfortunate event you damage any airframe parts or components and can't repair them, a full line of replacement/spare parts is readily available.
The BNF Basic version Turbo Timber SWS 2.0m arrives mostly factory-assembled with the power system, servos, and receiver installed. The ARF version is also mostly factory-assembled so all you need to do is finish some quick and easy final bolt-together assembly – without glue or special tools – and you'll be ready to fly in less time compared to almost all other wood models!
Like other Timber models, the Turbo Timber SWS is equipped with realistic-looking LED landing and navigation lights that are factory-installed and powered by the flight battery. And although it's not a scale model, it also features transparent windows for added scale-like looks.
The Turbo Timber SWS 2.0m is based on the design of the very popular Turbo Timber 1.5m models. But it also features the benefits of strong and stiff built-up wood construction that makes it capable of even sportier performance with excellent high-speed handling and amazing aerobatic capabilities. It's equipped with functional flaps for shorter takeoffs and landings along with improved low-speed performance, plus you have the option to utilize crow and/or full-span flaperons for improved STOL capabilities.
Versatile Gear Options
From thick grass to gravel paths and dirt trails—even local lakes and ponds—you can easily fly off of these and many other surfaces with the Turbo Timber SWS 2.0m. The simple yet durable aluminum landing gear is equipped with oversized, tundra-style wheels/tires to soak up the bumps of rough surfaces. Plus, the optional Carbon-Z float (EFLA5600; sold separately) and mounting (EFLA5605; sold separately) sets make it easy to swap between wheels and floats depending on where you choose to fly!
Bind-N-Fly Completion Level Advantage
Already own a Spektrum transmitter? Bind-N-Fly (BNF) aircraft make getting into the air quickly and with the best control experience possible easier than ever. They come out of the box with the power system, servos and a Spektrum 2.4GHz receiver installed so all you need to do is bind the receiver to a compatible transmitter, finish any final assembly, and fly!
This Bind-N-Fly Basic model is equipped with a Spektrum 2.4GHz DSMX® receiver featuring AS3X (Artificial Stabilization–3-aXis) technology that works behind the scenes to smooth out the effects of wind and turbulence. The result is a heightened sense of stability and precision that makes you feel like you're flying a much larger, expertly tuned aircraft.
If this is your first model of its type, or you want an extra margin of safety while familiarizing yourself with the airplane, you can enable the optional-use SAFE® Select flight envelope protection technology built into the receiver. No programming is required. Simply change up the binding sequence as directed in the manual.
With SAFE Select enabled, you get:
Pitch and Bank Angle Limits
- These envelope limits keep the airplane from rolling or pitching upside down. They also prevent excessive climb or dive angles.
- The airplane instantly returns to and holds level flight when the sticks are released and in the center position. It's also helpful for keeping the wings level during takeoffs/launches and landings.
Easy Switch Assignment—No Complex Programming Required
- The simple procedure for assigning a transmitter switch to turn SAFE Select features on and off doesn't require any complex programming and takes just a few seconds.
If you don't want to enable the SAFE Select features, just bind the receiver normally and it will function like a standard AS3X receiver.
Technology AS3X, SAFE Select, Smart
Motor Type Brushless
Speed Control Included
Power Type Electric
Skill Level Level 2
Wingspan 80" (2032 mm)
Connector Type IC5
Motor Size 5055-500Kv
Product Length 55.98" (1422 mm)
LiPo Compatibility 4S, 6S, 5S
Completion Level Bind-N-Fly Basic
Product Weight 122.3oz (3468g) without Battery / 148.7oz (4216g) with recommended 6S 5000mAh Battery
(1) E-flite® Turbo Timber® SWS 2.0m with:
(1) Spektrum™ AR8360T 8-Channel Receiver with AS3X® and SAFE® Select (installed)
(6) Spektrum A6380 Digital HV, Metal-Geared Aircraft Servos (installed)
(1) Spektrum Avian™ 5055-500Kv Brushless Outrunner Motor (installed)
(1) Spektrum Avian 100-Amp Brushless Smart ESC (installed)
(1) Product Manual
(1) Full-range 5–7+ channel Spektrum™ DSMX®/DSM2® compatible transmitter
(1) 4S 14.8V to 6S 22.2V 3200–7000mAh LiPo with EC5™ or IC5™ Connector
(1) Compatible LiPo charger