Gift certificates can only be purchased/created from the storefront and cannot be used to purchase other gift certificates. The following steps illustrate the flow to follow to buy a gift certificate from the storefront.
1. Locate and click the Gift Certificates link. Generally, this is located in the top menu of a storefront
2. Fill in the gift certificate details fields. Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.
- Recipient's Name* — the name of the person the gift certificate is being purchased for.
- Recipient's Email* — email address of the person the gift certificate is being purchased for. The gift certificate code will be sent to this email address once the order has been completed. Please note that if you do not want this person to receive the certificate immediately, enter your email address here and the certificate will be sent to you so that you can print it out and give it to the recipient at a later date.
- Your Name* — the name of the person sending the gift certificate. This will appear on the gift certificate email that is sent to the recipient after purchase.
- Your Email* — email address of the person sending the gift certificate. This will appear on the gift certificate email that is sent to the recipient after purchase.
- Your Message — the message to be included on the gift certificate. Maximum of 200 characters.
- Amount* — the dollar value of the gift certificate.
3. Click the I understand that gift certificates are non-refundable checkbox.
4. Select a Gift Certificate Theme. The choices are:
5. Click Preview to view an example of the gift certificate with the settings you selected or click Add Gift Certificate to Cart to proceed with the purchase.
Once the purchase has been completed, an email containing the gift certificate as an attachment will be sent to the recipient's email address. The gift certificate will contain a code that they can use to redeem their gift certificate at checkout.