Clay Oval Track Classes/Rules
Additional Rules due to Covid-19
- Masks are required at all times, NO EXCEPTIONS!
- Social distancing must be maintained
- DRIVERS ONLY, no spectators allowed in pits or track, No exceptions
- Entries will be capped when at capacity
Small Addictions RC Raceway Clay Track
- ALL drivers MUST sign up before placing vehicle on the track (This applies to practice AND racing)
- 1/10 Scale based vehicles only
- Odor-less traction compound ONLY
- Battery Rules:
No overcharging batteries
MAX charge voltage of 8.44v
ALL charging will be done in a Lipo Safety Sack
MAX charge rate of 10 amps
- Only drivers running their car are allowed on the drivers stand
- All driving must be done from the drivers stand unless handicapped
- Drivers are expected to marshal after their race UNLESS driver is physically unable to marshal. It is the drivers responsibility to find a replacement marshal.
- No children under 12 without a parent present at all times.
- Only closed toed shoes permitted on the track. NO sandals or flip-flops allowed on the track
- No reserving or holding pit spaces for others. Its first come, first served.
- No sharp edges on bodies for the safety of our turn marshals
- No drug or alcohol use on the premises
- No smoking/tobacco/vaping, etc. in the building. Please use designated smoking area out front to the left of the building.
- No use of foul language, trash talking, arguing with track officers and fellow competitors. No unsportsmanlike conduct, yelling at turn-marshals or cheating.
- NO DRIVING ENHANCEMENT DEVICES SUCH AS GYROS (TSM, AVC) TURNED ON OR ANY OTHER SIMILAR DEVICE. This is NOT ALLOWED IN ANY CLASS
- Specific tires may be required for certain classes. Not all Classes are open tire
- No weights may be placed on the front bumpers. Weights MUST be of reasonable material and approved by race officials. All weight must be secured properly
****ZERO TOLERANCE POLICY!****
The following actions will result in immediate dismal, no questions, from racing activities and banning from the track:
- There will be no physical altercations with other racers, spectators, workers, etc., removal will be immediate.
- No smoking/tobacco/vaping or drugs/alcohol in the building.
- Batteries must be charged in a Lipo safety sack or equivalent.
- No charging over 10 amps max, no exceptions.
- Maximum battery voltage 8.44v.
If anyone is caught conducting any of the above mentioned, or is associated with these activities, you will be asked to leave the premises immediately.
You will also forfeit your entry fee.
Please, have the right attitude. This is a hobby and supposed to be FUN! No cursing or temper tantrums. We are a family friendly track.
Additional Rules due to Covid-19:
Masks are required at all times, no exceptions
Social distancing must be maintained
Drivers only, no spectators allowed in pits or track, no exceptions
Small Addictions Mudboss 2021 Clay Track Rules (12t Stock & 13.5)
Sections 1-5 applies to both Big Block 13.5T & Stock 12T
1 - Bodies
- 1.1 – Official Salvas MudBoss BODIES only
- 1.2 - Any minor modification to the body must be approved before being allowed
2 - CHASSIS
- 2.1 - TRAXXAS 2wd (12T - SLASH or RAPTOR, 13.5T - LCG or HCG) chassis only
- 2.2 - Original MFG suspension parts only, no other parts allowed (such as from RPM)
- 2.3 - Original MFG chassis parts only, no aftermarket hop-ups, no optional aluminum parts
- 2.4 - Front bumper, right side bumper and front body post brace must be removed
- 2.4.1 - Left side and rear bumpers can also be removed (if desired) **rear RPM bumper is allowed (PN:RPM81002)**
- 2.5 - TRAXXAS front optional bumper (TRA2735) can be used (angled down)
- 2.6 - Major alterations to the chassis or modification to drivetrain/suspension components is not allowed
- 2.7 - Electronics (rx/esc/amb) must be installed within chassis surface (no outside installation)
- 2.8 - Battery brace can be trimmed to allow different LiPo battery wire configuration
3 - ELECTRONICS
- 3.1 - Original TRAXXAS 2075 servo
- 3.2 - TRAXXAS 2075x (servo) AND TRAXXAS 2072x (gears) are allowed as ‘alternative’ parts/servo
- 3.2.1 - The “SAVOX SC-0252MG Digital Servo” is allowed, this is an ‘alternative’ servo
- 3.2.2 - SAVOX gear set (SAVSGSC0251MG) can be used to ‘upgrade’ the TRAXXAS 2075 to metal gears
- 3.3 - it is allowed to 'pin' the servo saver(white) or bell crank(black)...be advised the servo gears might get broken under a
- heavy crash!!!
- 3.3.1 - original TRAXXAS plastic servo saver/bell crank only (white or black system) it is allowed to mix the components
- (ie.. black servo horn with white bell crank)
- 3.3.2 - It is allowed to use a solid (one piece) servo horn (any brand)
- 3.4 - 2-cell 7.4v LiPo battery with a maximum of 5200mah and 50c, with external plug only (no “bullet type” connector)
4 - ADJUSTMENTS
- 4.1 - TRAXXAS 76/83/86/90 spur with all transmission parts in place (slipper)
- 4.2 - Any pinion size
- 4.3 - No modifications can be made to the transmission’s case (ie.. to allow a bigger gear ratio)
- 4.4 - The gear cover must be off at all times to allow for visual inspection (CARPET)...and removed if asked (DIRT)
- 4.5 - The only adjustments allowed to the car are those allowed by the original MFG components of the car
- 4.6 - You are allowed to use any original wheel spacer combination (Black, Grey or any combination of both types)
- 4.7 - Transmission functionality rule (motor can not spin while turning slowly one rear wheel a full turn)
- 4.8 - Traxxas SLASH *STEEL* transmission gears only (internal plastic transmission gears not allowed)
- 4.9 - Adding weight (in any way) is not allowed, wheel balancing is allowed (sole purpose of balancing, not to add weight)
5 - SUSPENSION
- 5.1 - TRAXXAS 2WD plastic shocks only (grey or black version) (fronts in front, rears in rear)
- 5.2 - Original Rear (TRAXXAS 5858) and Front springs (TRAXXAS 5857) (no LCG kit springs or aftermarket springs)
- 5.3 - Front springs may be cut in order to shorten them (no more than 5 rounds removed on ONE end)
- 5.4 - The shock’s travel may be shortened with internal shims (ie..fuel tube or solid shims...)
- 5.5 - Original shafts in original cylinder (length and type in proper cylinder)
- 5.6 - Original pistons from kit only (original 1,2 or 3 hole), no modifications can be made to them
- 5.7 - No front bump stop suspension, a single original blue bump stop can be used per rear shock (not mandatory)
- 5.8 - No shimming allowed (to reduce slop in suspension parts)
- 5.9 - All suspension parts (such as A-Arms) must remain in original positions it was designed for (no swapping left to right)
- 5.9.1 - rear camber links must remain in original height position (upper hole on shock tower not allowed)
6 - 12T Stock Mudboss SPECIFIC RULES
- 6.1 - TRAXXAS SLASH or RAPTOR original chassis only (no LCG)
- 6.2 - Any original TRAXXAS rubber tire/wheel/inserts (BFG / KUMHO / SPEC) any wheel combination of the SAME TIRE TYPE
- (ie..4 fronts, 4 rears, 3 front 1 rear…) *NO “S1” compound*
- 6.3 - ODORLESS tire additives only (ie..SXT, J-DUB…)
- 6.4 - Tire surface must show “thread Pattern” (no slick tires)
- 6.5 - TRAXXAS 12t brushed motor AND XL5 esc ONLY (OEM motor connector only)
- 6.6 - all other rules specified earlier in sections 1-2-3-4-5 stays the same
7 - 13.5T Big Block Mudboss SPECIFIC RULES
- 7.1 - TRAXXAS Low CG chassis is allowed
- 7.2 - PROLINE #10153 HOOSIER M3 or M4 with oem blue inserts (any SC wheel)
- 7.3 - Tire surface must show “thread Pattern” (no slick tires)
- 7.4 - ODORLESS tire additives only (ie..SXT, J-DUB…)
- 7.5 - any ESC in BLINKY mode (ROAR approved)
- 7.6 - ROAR legal 13.5 sensored brushless motor
- 7.7 - a single 30mm motor fan can be used
- 7.8 - all other rules specified earlier in sections 1-2-3-4-5 stays the same
ROAR Rules for motors and ESC's can be found here at this link: http://roarracing.com/approvals/print_brushlessmotors.php (approval date is set to May 1st 2020
SC Crate Late Models 2021 Clay Track Rules
- All rules from 12T stock mudboss class apply with the following exceptions
- Traxxas LCG is legal
- Any 8th scale late model style body
- Electronics - Factory 12T & XL5 and or Hobbywing justock sensored brushless system (13.5t G2.1) Part# - HWA38020240
- ANY 2.2 Stadium Truck tire, and Associated Wheels (TLR Offset is wrong and rubs)
Novice 2021 Clay Track Rules
- Any 2wd ready to run vehicles in the market
- May also run stock body
- Any 10th scale motor and esc
- Any STOCK Radio can be used or aftermarket
- Battery can be 6 or 7 Cell NiMh battery or 2 cell hard case lipo
Short Course Modified 2021 Clay Track Rules
- Must be 2wd SC based chassis
- All suspension components, transmission, front and rear bulkheads must be on center line of the vehicle
- All larger volume OEM Chassis are legal IE “AE, TLR, Traxxas”
- Adjustable Rear Suspension arms are allowed
- Battery must be mounted on the centerline of the vehicle. Can be either designed front to back or sideways across the chassis but center of battery must be on centerline of chassis
- No dedicated 8th scale electronics. Must be 10th scale electronics
- Open 2.2-3.0 SCT or 2.2 Stadium Tires
- Mudboss bodies(sail panels legal, IMCA/UMP style permitted, left side air-dam bodies not allowed)
- No truck bodies or latemodel bodies allowed
- 2s Hard case lipo only
- Custom built chassis must be chili bowl legal. Chassis Rules Below:
- Maximum Chassis width 7”
- Minimum Chassis width 5 1/8”
- Maximum left side of chassis can be from centerline is 3 1/2”
- Right side must be a minimum of 2.25” from centerline to outside edge of chassis.
- Cages: Must represent a cage, no solid plastic cages, must be cut the same on both sides.
- Minimum wheelbase 12.5”
- Maximum wheelbase 13.5”
- Shock bodies min length 1”-
- Front Track width Min 10.875”
- Front track width Max 11.125
- Front Suspension arms must be equal size left and right
- Rear Suspension arms must be equal size left and right
17.5T Outlaw Sprint 2021 Clay Track Rules
- 2wd Rear wheel drive buggy based cars (Custom works, Factory 41, Bodies By Ed are examples)
- Open Rubber Tire 2.2 in diameter (DE Outlaw Sprint Tires legal)
- Gearbox transmission only
- DODC RULES APPLY TO GO TO DIRT OVAL.COM FOR RULES
- Any Roar Approved 17.5 motor
- Any Roar Approved 1/10 electronic speed control
- Link to DODC Rules: https://www.dirtoval.com/Portals/1/rules/DODC_rules_10- 19_sprint.pdf?ver=2019-10-31-113659-633
- 2s Hard case lipo only
Street Stock 2021 Clay Track Rules
1 - Chassis
- Any 2wd 1/10th scale buggy. Must be a factory based off-road buggy.
- Approved manufacturers are Associated, Losi, Traxxas, Kyosho, Durango, Team C, Xray, Yokomo, Hobao H2.
- Chassis must remain stock, no aftermarket/non-oem upgrades except RPM Brand parts desinged for the chassis.
- OEM Option parts sold by these companies desiged for their cars are allowed.
- Big Bore and threaded OEM Shocks are allowed.
- SPRINGS: They can be from any manufacturer in the RC Industry not only OEM.
- Rear wheel drive only.
- Mid or rear motor allowed.
- Adjustable rear A arms are NOT allowed.
2 - Body
- Must be closed windowed.
- Max 1” Spoiler measured from the deck. No End caps allowed.
- Body must include rear bumper.
- Approved Bodies are:
- Custom Works - Part #9002,9075
- J Concepts - Part #0395
- McCallister Racing - Part# 125, 134, 136, 159, 181, 182, 264, 268, 290, 292, 303 ,306, 313, 318, 321,
- MR/Kustoms - Part #18SS1W, 17SSPW, 18SS1S, 17SSPS
- Shark RC Bodies - Part #001- Hammerhead, #002- Outcast, #003- Wildcard, #004- Dawg Pound.
3 - Electronics
- ROAR legal 17.5 motor
- Any ESC in BLINKY mode (ROAR approved)
- Open battery, must be 2s Hard case lipo
4 - Tires
- Pro-line Primes